Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Project not shown in MikroC

Status
Not open for further replies.

swapan

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys,
While working on a project in MikroC compiler, all of a sudden the project disappeared though the name is shown on the top bar but without any work. May be I have done anything wrong. Please see the screen shot and suggest how it could be restored.

MikroC.jpg

There's no project view displayed in the screen shot, we can't see which other objects are defined in the project.

I think my project window is hidden. When I go to Project - Open Project then my project name exists in the list. But when the project is opened,it shows nothing but the same as screen shot.

Does a project automatically appear centered onscreen? Is it possible you placed a component incorrectly by accident, far away from your board? Then you might see a blank screen because blank space is in the center between them.

Can you command the program to zoom out?

Can you examine the netlist (data file) and verify that it contains your components?

- - - Updated - - -

Looking at the proportions of your horizontal scroll bar, the screen shows about 1/6 of the total project. I think most of it is offscreen. Try scrolling right, then you should see components.

The contents of the file might have been accidentally deleted. Use Recuva (I have used it and works fine) trial version or any other data recovery software and install it on other partition then the one that contains the mikroC project files and then scan the partition that contains the deleted mikroC files. mikroC will be saving files every 5 minutes (auto save). One of the copies will be in the deleted files in Recuva search. Restore it to a safe folder other than mikroC project folder. If by chance the NEW.SPWM.c file found in Recuva is green (100 % recoverable) then you will get your file.

If you use Recuva then don't use wizard to scan for the deleted files. Use classic window for searching.

Last edited:

Please see the screenshot. In the Window List, the top most file is my lost project which is shown as hidden state. I don't know whether the file could be restored from hidden state. If possible, how?

Screenshot_2.jpg

You have to restore your .c file from the Data recovery search result. I use Recuva and can only answer about Recuva trial software. Try Piriform Recuva and install it on a drive other than the one that contains the mikroC project and scan the drive that contained the mikroC project. If the file is in good health that is if it can be fully recovered then you will see a green dot next to your .c file name in Recuva. Email to get more information about using Recuva. Until you recover the lost file do not write that is copy or move anything to the drive that contained the mikroC project. If the drive was C drive then chances of file recovery is less as swapfile and pagefile uses C drive.

If the top most file in the data recovery search result is your .c file of mikroC project then just restore it to a different drive other than the one that contains the file. Always store your projects in D: or greater drive. Never store project files in C drive. C drive uses HDD space for swapfile, pagefile and hybernation file. The memory file if overwrites the deleted file then you will not be able to restore the file.

Which data recovery software did you use ?

Hidden is the file attribute. It doesn't have to do anything with file restoration. Just select that file in the search result and restore it to another partition.

In your data recovery software I guess you just have to select the first file which is your project's deleted .c file and then click ok in the window list. It might ask for destination drive and folder to recover. Choose say D:\ drive.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back