Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCB Design for MMWave IC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puppet123

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am to design a PCB for MMWAVE IC's.

I am familiar with PCB design theory and so on, but how do I get "practically" started with a program like Altium or Cadence Allegro.

I need a tutorial on using these programs for High Frequency (>10GHz) PCB Design.

Does anyone have such tutorials or know where to find them ?

Thank you.

Let me put a comment on your tools..
Altium is not a suitable PCB design program for mmWave or Microwave Circuit PCBs.
Cadence Allegro+RF option will be your first choice..( see the features )
ADS can also handle the design of mmWave PCBs, no doubt.
RF and Microwave PCB design needs an extra attention while it's designed.Everything must be well/precisely dimensioned and components ( inductors,capacitors and the others) must be carefully and independently designed then assembled with a highly precision.Then EM simulation with/wo active devices is a MUST.
If it's possible, 3D FDTD simulation will help you to solve 3D circuits' problems.
There are many other options ( closures,EMI,Biasing,Radiation etc.) unfortunately there is no textbook that explains all of tricky ways AFAIK.You should search and dig the internet to find the right information.

Hello BigBoss,

Thank you for your message.

Can you share any resources to start off.

Thank you.

Hello BigBoss,

Thank you for your message.

Can you share any resources to start off.

Thank you.

Unfortunately you should learn by yourself because I have never seen a reference for practical PCB design of mmWave circuits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back