Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sending a mail to outlook using Shell Scripting but failure is observed

Status
Not open for further replies.

chirag2239

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I am working on a script which is supposed to send a mail to outlook using shell scripting. In my company, outlook is used for sending and receiving mails.

Now, I am allocated a task to generate the build report and send it to the module owner for paying their attention. I am able to generate the build report, but while sending a mail, it ask for the authentication and due to that, authentication failure message is returned and stops there. Please note, I have not entered the OTP or any response to log in and even though it is showing authentication failure. It asks for either OTP or access using MS Authenticator app. By using this, I can have an access to my email account and then I can send a mail.

Can anyone guide me how to send a mail with such applications and authentication by shell scripting? How can I capture the response of MS Authenticator app in shell scripting or how can I make OTP authentication with the shell scripting?

Thanks in advance.
Chirag

Hi,

you have to ask your eMail provider.

For example: Some email providers need to login to the mail account, then look for available mails before you can send an mail..
Trying to send a mial without proir looking for mails - they may show an authentication error.

I don´t know if this is the case... thus --> contact the mail provider.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back