Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Device charging instructions unclear in user manual

Status
Not open for further replies.

d123

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

This device is missing the charger. It's a 14.8V, 2Ah charger - similar to any old laptop charger from what I can ascertain. The user manual says not to use any other charger, I take that manufacturer advice with a pinch of salt but with caution.

The manual has been translated into English but is not so well translated. In image 2, "Battery Operation, how to charge the battery" it has a confusing box, it says that when charging with the device turned off, the power LED blinks orange, and then says below that that could mean something in bad English I don't understand. I do understand that blinking quickly means BAD, however when I conneced two other more or less appropriately rated chargers out of curiosity (and necessity), of lower DC voltage rating, the power LED blinks about once every second - to me that isn't "quickly". I think it's probably safe to use another charger but I don't want to damage a device that isn't mine to experiment upon. "Thinking probably" is hardly a sensible starting point.

Has anyone experience of fusion splicers and their flexibility with alternate chargers? e.g. maybe a 13.5V, 4.8A charger?

12s charging 1.JPG
12s charging 2.JPG
12s charging 3.JPG
12s charging 4.JPG

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.