Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

In ZYNQ FPGA : Who is controlling the AXI Memory-Mapped to PCI Express module? The P

Status
Not open for further replies.

msdarvishi

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In ZYNQ FPGA : Who is controlling the AXI Memory-Mapped to PCI Express module?

Dear all,

Previously, I was working with Kintex-7 KC705 FPGA board where I was emplyoing the AXI Memory Mapped to PCI Express module with Microblaze to read/write data from/to PCI. Now, I have migrated to ZYNQ FPGA ZC706, I am wondering which module will be responsible to control the AXI Memory Mapped to PCI Express module? Is it the PL part or the ZYNQ processing system module which is the ARM Microcontroller inside the PS?

I had a look to this document but I did not get the answer to my qestion.

Thanks and Regards,

Daryon

AXI is a multi-master bus, you can have more than 2 masters connected to the AXI interconnect.

The AXI Memory-Mapped to PCI Express module has AXI-Lite interface to control registers and AXI-Full interface for data. It is up to you what module will be connected with both interfaces. It can be PL (e.g. Microblaze like you did for KC705) part or the ZYNQ processing system over AXI Interconnect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back