Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SYNOPSIS - Clock creation and delivery to submodules

Status
Not open for further replies.

kls213

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Everyone,
I'm trying to synthetize my circuit composed by several submodules and I've created a clock using <create_clock -name "CLK" -period 5 CLK> in my very top level, but when i go inside a submodule and go to check the clock there the shell says that the current design has no clock constrain, as it is not connect from the top level. Should I create a clock for each submodule or is this behavior normal?

thank to everyone

Should I create a clock for each submodule or is this behavior normal?
No, clock constraining should be done at the top module.

1. Have you simulated your design correctly?
1. Recheck you constraining.
3. For more help the constraint file commands will be needed.

No, clock constraining should be done at the top module.

1. Have you simulated your design correctly?

Yes, I mean when I simulate before the synthesis circuit works correctly. Also when I try to <report_clocks> from the top level it gives the name of the clock that I've created before, but when I write in dc_shell:
Code:
<current_design 'mySubModule'> 
<report_clock>

it says that no clock is present

Hi kls,
Current design basically "switches" to another design, and does not go deeper into the hierarchy. What you should be using instead is "current_instance top/hier_you_are_interested/module"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back