Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Unable to grab PCIe ref_clk for the axi_pcie in ZC706 board !

Status
Not open for further replies.

msdarvishi

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,

I am working with Vivado 2017.2 targeting a ZC706 ZYNQ FPGA Board operating on an Ubuntu 16.4 Linux Machine.

Previously targeting a Kintex-7 KC705 Board, I was able to choose the PCIe_refclk as the input clock of the buffer in vivadoblock design and use it as the clock signal in my design. Indeed, by double-clicking on the Utility Buffer IP, I had the option to connect the CLK_IN_D pin of the buffer to the PCIe clock.

Recently, I have migrated to ZC706 which includes a XC7Z045FPGA. While this FPGa has the PCIe and GTx channel, I do not see the PCIe_ref_clk available in the board file (board options) and also the lspci command in terminal does not ercognize the ZC706 board while it is connected to the motherboard's PCI bus and also the system was restarted!

I also verified these links (link1, link2) and found nothing helpful!

Did anyone experience this problem before to help me to solve this issue?

Thanks,

Daryon,

I have some experience in creating the board, pins and preset files (XML files).
My first fought is to install latest Vivado 2018.2.1 (even if you don't have a license) and check if the board definition for ZC706 is in higher version then in 2017.2 (check Vivado/data/board folder). If yes, then copy that folder into your Vivado version (2017.2).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back