+ Post New Thread
    Member level 1

Helped
    1 / 1
    Level

PID controller on the feedback, consequences?

Hi guys,

I'm a total beginner to PID contoller and i'm trying to use it so i would like some help but i'm having some basic questions:

In my system the PID will be on the feedback and not on the open loop. does that change anything? and what tuning method would you advise me to use?

I would really appreciate a nudge in the right direction as i'm getting flooded with informations.

Thank you in advance!

•   AltAdvertisment

Super Moderator
    Achievements:
    7 years registered
    Awards:
    Most Frequent Poster 3rd Helpful Member

Helped
    3090 / 3090
    Level

Re: PID controller on the feedback, consequences?

Hi,

PID in the feedback.... are you sure?
    It will give the opposite result .. I assume you won´t get it to run the way you expect.

Read about PID basics.
    Btw: PID regulation loops are not new, thus there is more than enough information in the internet and even in this forum.

I would really appreciate a nudge in the right direction as i'm getting flooded with informations.
    My personal opinion: This is exactly why we don´t need to start another thread ...

Don´t get me wrong:
    You are always welcome here with some detailed question .. that remains after read through some PID tutorial.

Hint:
    Many microcontroller manufacturers have application notes, discussions maybe even software examples... they usually are detailed and very reliable.

Klaus
    Please don´t contact me via PM, because there is no time to respond to them. No friend requests. Thank you.

--[[ ]]--