Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PID controller on the feedback, consequences?

Status
Not open for further replies.

inass57

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys,

I'm a total beginner to PID contoller and i'm trying to use it so i would like some help but i'm having some basic questions:

In my system the PID will be on the feedback and not on the open loop. does that change anything? and what tuning method would you advise me to use?

I would really appreciate a nudge in the right direction as i'm getting flooded with informations.

Thank you in advance!

Hi,

PID in the feedback.... are you sure?
It will give the opposite result .. I assume you won´t get it to run the way you expect.

Read about PID basics.
Btw: PID regulation loops are not new, thus there is more than enough information in the internet and even in this forum.

I would really appreciate a nudge in the right direction as i'm getting flooded with informations.
My personal opinion: This is exactly why we don´t need to start another thread ...

Don´t get me wrong:
You are always welcome here with some detailed question .. that remains after read through some PID tutorial.

Hint:
Many microcontroller manufacturers have application notes, discussions maybe even software examples... they usually are detailed and very reliable.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back