+ Post New Thread
    Member level 1

Helped
    1 / 1
    Level

PID controller on the feedback, consequences?

Hi guys,

I'm a total beginner to PID contoller and i'm trying to use it so i would like some help but i'm having some basic questions:

In my system the PID will be on the feedback and not on the open loop. does that change anything? and what tuning method would you advise me to use?

I would really appreciate a nudge in the right direction as i'm getting flooded with informations.

Thank you in advance!

•   AltAdvertisment

Super Moderator
    Achievements:
    7 years registered
    Awards:
    Most Frequent Poster 3rd Helpful Member

Helped
    3086 / 3086
    Level

Re: PID controller on the feedback, consequences?

Hi,

PID in the feedback.... are you sure?
    It will give the opposite result .. I assume you wonīt get it to run the way you expect.

Read about PID basics.
    Btw: PID regulation loops are not new, thus there is more than enough information in the internet and even in this forum.

I would really appreciate a nudge in the right direction as i'm getting flooded with informations.
    My personal opinion: This is exactly why we donīt need to start another thread ...

Donīt get me wrong:
    You are always welcome here with some detailed question .. that remains after read through some PID tutorial.

Hint:
    Many microcontroller manufacturers have application notes, discussions maybe even software examples... they usually are detailed and very reliable.

Klaus
    Please donīt contact me via PM, because there is no time to respond to them. No friend requests. Thank you.

--[[ ]]--