Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Learining PCB design from basics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electronican

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everybody,
I'm electronics and telecommunications engineer.
I want to improve my knowledge of PCB design.
In this topic i will ask for solutions of my problems to improve my projects.

I'm doing my projects in Altium Designer.

First project is LCD controller.

I have problem with LCD footprint. I made the LCD footprint like this:
indeks.png

When i'm creating the PCB with this footprint i get the error notifications saying: "component clearance constraint". And when i put the components inside the LCD footprint all of the compnents are green, smth like that:
Screenshot_1.jpg

I'm thinking that smth wrong is with the height of the footprint. What will you suggest for that?

You are not allowed to put components on top of components; Altium is trying to prevent you from making a horrible mistake. If, in fact, your LCD sits above the board, and there is clearance between the LCD and the PCB, I would suggest you change your footprint.

You could alternatively create specific rule, as for example among two components preventing warning due to clearance constraint; take a look here: Creating a New Rule

If I understand, the LCD will be soldered into this board? Why not change the footprint to just the 16 pin connector? You can add the LCD outline to a mechanical layer if needed but as far as the PCB is concerned, it's just a connector.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back