+ Post New Thread
    Newbie level 3

Helped
    0 / 0
    Level

How to drive a 1MHz Ultrasound-TD1000KA

Hi guys,
    I want to measure the Sediment of water. So I chose a 1Mhz Ultrasonic Transducer sensor with the ability to work underwater and also can recognize the sediment under water.
    The output of the sensor is analog, but I need a driver to transfer to digital.
    I need your help to suggest me what should i do. How can I prepare an electrical circuit? Is there anyone know what's the best way?
    This is the link of the specification of the sensor.
    http://chinaultrasound.com/product/1...ment-td1000ka/

Thanks so much.
    Mehran

•   AltAdvertisment

Super Moderator

Helped
    2406 / 2406
    Level

Re: How to drive a 1MHz Ultrasound-TD1000KA

Quote Originally Posted by mehran65 View Post
    The weblink has sample output (Sensitivity test). It looks as though drawn by an oscilloscope.
    Do you want an analog-to-digital converter? Likely its conversion rate needs to be 1 MHz.

Or do you want a driver which applies AC to the transducer, at 1 MHz and voltage as high as 300V, as listed in the specs?

1 members found this post helpful.

Newbie level 3

Helped
    0 / 0
    Level

Quote Originally Posted by BradtheRad View Post
    The weblink has sample output (Sensitivity test). It looks as though drawn by an oscilloscope.
    Do you want an analog-to-digital converter? Likely its conversion rate needs to be 1 MHz.

Or do you want a driver which applies AC to the transducer, at 1 MHz and voltage as high as 300V, as listed in the specs?
    Thanks for answering.
    Actually, I want to measure the level of water of a tube with about 30 cm in diameter. and also Sediment of water of the tube.
    I bought 2 type of this model sensor, and want to understand the amount of water of the tube and also the sediment that stores end of the tube. Then check the results on an HMI. So, the output of sensors is analog. I should set an analog-to-digital converter between sensors and HMI. But I don't know how can I do that. maybe a driver with a digital output can be useful.
    The COM port of my HMI is RS232/485.
    There are some electrical circuits that work until 40kHZ but my sensors are 1MHz.

•   AltAdvertisment

Super Moderator
    Awards:
    1st Helpful Member

Helped
    13124 / 13124
    Level

As already mentioned by Brad, the sensor has no output if not driven by an appropriate echo sounder circuit. It involves a high voltage pulse generator and receiver circuit, usually a dynamic compression amplifier and rectifier. Its analog output may be digitized and processed with a time reference to the transmitted pulse. To generate digital data that can be read by a HMI, a microcontroller or signal processor is required and somebody has to develop the software. Or try to get hold of readymade echo sounder electronics outputting depth profiles.

1 members found this post helpful.

Newbie level 3

Helped
    0 / 0
    Level

yes, you are right. Because these are just sensor and they need a converter to work.
    Can I use this module for my project?
    https://www.jahankitshop.com/getatta...5&Type=Product

Is it possible to replace the sensor with mine? I think the difference between them is frequency.

Super Moderator
    Awards:
    1st Helpful Member

Helped
    13124 / 13124
    Level

A 40 kHz echo sounder circuit doesn't work for different frequencies, it needs complete redesign.

I also believe that a simple design like this isn't able to distinguish layered echo from sediment/solid ground.

•   AltAdvertisment

Newbie level 3

Helped
    0 / 0
    Level

Really? is there any commercial electrical circuit for this type of sensor? (1MHZ)
    I searched that these sensors are usefully in fish founding, so I think it's possible to find out the storage sediment under water.

Do you have a better idea for changing the manner? Actually, I want to measure the amount of water that exists on a tube (30cm diameter and 6 m hight). But the water isn't clean and consist of mud, sand,.... so there is some sediment at the bottom of the tube. I have the hight of the pipe and first and endpoint and should measure the level of water and the level of sediment to calculate the amount of water. Is there a better way to measure as non-contacted?

--[[ ]]--