Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interface Wireless pressure sensor with PIC controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

reco77

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, I have worked earlier with Arduino but we are using PIC controller boards for creating pressure monitoring system for air compressor piping which are used in manufacturing industries. Rather than going with same old analog product we are thinking to give a try with some new recommended wireless pressure sensor which are best to create wireless private connection but need some suggestion to mak it work with PIC, interfacing this kind of sensor package is something very different and advice to interface this will be much helpful.

Hi,

as far as I can see it uses I2C interface.
Nothing special. Maybe used in millions of PIC applications. Often discussed here in this forum.
It has nothing to do with wireless.

Please read through I2C specification.
Read through the sensor datasheet.
Read through the PIC datasheet.
Do a research here in this forum and/or in the internet.

If then still is something is unclear, please ask a detailed question.

Klaus

Their max 200 kPa is less than 30 PSI. Is that what you want?

Hi, we are using around 100kpa in pipe line which is further use with air hammers and we want to use the pressure through this wireless pressure sensor https://store.ncd.io/product/long-range-iot-wireless-temperature-barometric-pressure-sensor/

I am able to learn that it uses the default resolution, sleep time, baseline pressure as well as baseline altitude

I need to know about the best way to communicate the Xbee receiver with PIC controller.

Note: I apologize for sending the wrong sensor specification in earlier post so I have mentioned about the wireless sensor again.

Hi,

I doubt an air hammer can work with only 100kPa.
You should review your specifications.

Klaus

That is more like it with 203 max PSI.
Typically measuring pressure inside a pipe, you have a sensor in a pipe fitting that goes into the pipe. Wires from that sensor go to the gauge or transmitter in your case. I don't see any external sensor on that unit. It looks like it measures ambient pressure around the transmitter unit. How is that going to measure pressure inside the pipe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back