Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fixing a 1x8 RF Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomath

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,

I have a COTS 1x8 switch from Pulsar MicrowaveView attachment SW8AD.pdf, and it is behaving funny so I wanted to ask some questions.

The switch uses DB15 connector for control/power.
Pin 1 2 3 are used as control bits (000 for port 1 to 111 for port 8), pin 13 14 15 are used for power (5V -5V gnd), and other pins are unused.

For some reason, the switch works when I try to open up port 1 (000), 2(100), 3(010), 5(001), and 7(001), but does not work when I try port 4, 6, and 8.
I first thought it was the first bit that was causing the problem, but it does not seem like it as port 2 opens up...

Does anyone have any idea? Would it be best to just send the switch over to the vendor rather than fixing it myself?

Thank you in advance!

- - - Updated - - -

Here is an update.

I literally have not done anything to the switch, and it magically started to work again.
Which is even more frustrating, since it means it only works sometimes, which means it is not reliable...

It sounds there exists either design bug or production problem. Maybe you should feed back this problem to the manufacturer.

it could be anything. If it is not hermetically sealed, and can be opened easily, do it and inspect for broken wires. After that....i would look at the simple things, like a digital gate being blown.
If it is the microwave part that is busted...odds are you can NOT fix it without wirebonding/access to chip parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back