Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] What is the 1T in "1T-8051 core" refer to ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

raj556

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have searched using Google, couldn't find what the 1T
refers to when a vendor says his MCU is 1T-8051 core.
I understand when he says 8051-core or 8051-enh core but what is the 1T ? I have a vague idea it may refer to the ratio of machine cycles to instruction cycles executed but not clear. can anyone clarify ? Thanks.

Hi,

it really wasn´t that hard to find...

MEGAWIN says:
The MPC82E/L52 is a single-chip microcontroller based on a high performance 1-T architecture 80C51 CPU that
executes instructions in 1~6 clock cycles (about 6~7 times the rate of a standard 8051 device), and has an 8051
compatible instruction set. Therefore at the same performance as the standard 8051, the MPC82E/L52 can
operate at a much lower speed and thereby greatly reduce the power consumption.

nuvotron says:
The N76E003 executes all the instructions of the standard 80C51 family fully compatible with MCS-51.
However, the timing of each instruction is different for it uses high performance 1T 8051 core. The
architecture eliminates redundant bus states and implements parallel execution of fetching, decode,
and execution phases. The N76E003 uses one clock per machine-cycle. It leads to performance
improvement of rate 8.1 (in terms of MIPS) with respect to traditional 12T 80C51 device working at the
same clock frequency.

Klaus

So we shall take it that !T refers to the improved core design whereby 1 instruction can be executed per CPU clock cycle. The instruction cycle being also sometimes referred to as "machine cycle" in data sheets. Thanks !

Status
Not open for further replies.