Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

EN61000-3-2 Harmonic current -> is there a significant change in new version

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravuz

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello,

for a project i have to look at the harmonic currents. My question is:
I need to know if i need a PFC above 1kW power, which was not needed in the 2014 version.

Is the 2018 version the same for this particular question? The directives are too expensive to buy for me, so that's why i'm hoping someone here knows it.

Thnx,

ravuz

I need to know if i need a PFC above 1kW power, which was not needed in the 2014 version.
Are you referring to the "professional equipment above 1 kW" clause, it's still under the reserve that equipment usage is tolerated by the utility company.

As far as I know, clause 4 hasn't be essentially changed in the 2018 version. Main supplements in 2018 are regarding low power (LED) lighting.

Are you referring to the "professional equipment above 1 kW" clause, it's still under the reserve that equipment usage is tolerated by the utility company.

As far as I know, clause 4 hasn't be essentially changed in the 2018 version. Main supplements in 2018 are regarding low power (LED) lighting.

It is for a professional design of an universal dimmer (LED's and a motor so capacitive and inductive). the circuit needs to handle at least 1.5kW to 3kW.

The clause doesn't refer to "professional design". A comment explains
Professional equipment for use in trades, professions or industries and which is not intended for sale to the general public.
Professional equipment that does not comply with the requirements of the standard EN 61000-3-2 may be permitted to be connected to certain low voltage supplies, if the instruction manual contains a requirement to ask the supply utility for permission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back