Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transfer function derivation of my system

Status
Not open for further replies.

s55

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
For my system, I need to derive a transfer function, and I'm stuck at the derivation process. Could you please help answer to my question?

Here is the system model I have, and a(t) can be different values depending on value of x(t) as below.

y(t) = (x(t)-a(t)) + (x(t)-a(t))^3 --- (eq.1)

where
eq.jpg

--- (eq.2)

Here I need to apply a specific signal, x(t) = cos(wt), then y(t) would be
y(t) = (3*a(t)^2 + 7/4)*cos(wt) + (-(3*a(t))/2)*cos(2*wt) + cos(3*wt)/4 - a(t)^3 - (5*a(t))/2 ---(eq.3)

If there is no condition shown in (eq.2), the derivation from (eq.1) to (eq.3) is correct. No question on this.

Here is my question.
Considering the condition of (eq.2), is it still correct the derivation from (eq.1) to (eq.3)?
Basically, is (eq.3) correct, assuming x(t)=cos(wt) and (eq.2)?

If I'm wrong, could you please advise how to fix it? or the suggestion of reference materials would be very helpful for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back