Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ceramic capacitor shortage is global?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

treez

Is it true that there is currently a global shortage of ceramic SMD capacitors?
Also, that due to mobile phones etc mainly using only 0402 and 0201 capacitors, all the other case sizes (eg 0603, 0805, 1206 etc) are now very expensive since they are not much used?

Hi,

That's more or less the things I have read: mobile phones are to blame, consequent shortage, manufacturers can't keep up with demand. Not sure about the bit about the other sizes. Worrying is one source I read claiming resistors will be next for some questionable reason or other.

True or not, unfortunately that is unprovable from where we're sitting and due to the access we have to incontrovertibly factual information we have.

I'll guess that a part of the problem is some of the more informed have stockpiled well in advance.

Reactions: treez

T

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back