Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Defining De-embeded port in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saeedeh.talebi

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dears
I need your help, i am designing an annular slot waveguide antenna in hfss, i want to excite it by waveport, for creating slot admitance plot the port should be de embedded, and the reference should be middle of slot, my issue is that when i define a distance the hfss doesnt understand that my structure is curved and draw the vector straightforward. Do you friends have any solutions?
some one here,guide me, and told me to apply an exponential exp(γ*d), where γ is the propagation constant of the mode(s) and d is the de-embedding distance that you enter, but in fact i am really fresh in HFSS and i dont know how to type γ in hfss, i copied it from Microsoft Word but hfss didnt detect this sign,do you have any idea about it?
and some one else told me to use central frequency instead of γ in hfss, what is the equation?
i will be really thankful if any one can support me .

Hi Saeedeh.talebi,

The visualization offered by HFSS is of no consequence; de-embedding is simply the removal of some phase.

Please do not double post. You have already asked that here.

The answer is still the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back