Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[General] Smart Card Use and Identification

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watson79

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

So there seem to be a few quesiotns on this area around Smart Cards so hopefully I am in the right place. If not please feel free to let me know/move me.

So I am a very keen recycler, and I have a few expired bank cards. I had the idea to use them again, by using them as smart cards to unlock my PC. Just for fun and a project.

So, being totally new to the smart card admin side of things, can someone tell me if this would be possible?

When I plug the cards in, my PC says it can see the card, but that the drivers for these particular cards are not present on the system. Can I download them from somewhere? Is there a generic driver I can use?

Which leads me to my next quesiton, how do I go about "I.D. 'ing" the manufacturer/hardware?

I assume this is something in the way of identification and hardware ID's........

Card 1: ICA 4784 OT.01 1493271A 08/16
Card 2: IDEMIA 9 1185246E 04/18

........I just don't know what. I will continue searching as I like to keep learning, but on my journey I came accross you guys so thought I would ask.

Thanks for any help or guidance.

Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.