Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to find suitable hardware to connect a PC to GSM Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

philipp

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Everybody, I am very new to the whole »mobile network« topic, so please be kind if the question is dump. For an Art Project I would like to react to phone calls and SMS via a program. I am searching for a proper GSM Module/Gateway which should be able to:

- handle multiple calls simultaneously,
- can send and receive SMS,
- is compatible to asterisk

I would like to connect the hardware to a regular computer, no PI or other development board, so from PCI over USB to ethernet all connections are fine.

I have been looking around for quite a while now, some say It is possible with simple USB-Surftsticks and some fancy firmware and on the other hand I find huge boxes for a lot of money. So to sum that up, since I have so little knowledge of all the involved technologies and acronyms (DECT, PBX, SIP, PST, etc) I would be glad to get some help about how to compare the specs and how to find out which I features I need.

Thanks in Ahead!

You need to be more clear about what you are trying to achieve. What do you mean by "react to phone calls"? What do you mean by "handle multiple calls simultaneously"?

I think you might be going about this the wrong way. If you describe more clearly what you are trying to achieve (and how much time you have to achieve it), you might get more help.

Status
Not open for further replies.