Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Change my username please

Status
Not open for further replies.

msdarvishi

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Can I sincerely request @gulson and @keith1200rs to change my username to "daryon", please?

Is there any other admin in this forum that could do me this favor?

Thanks,

Last edited:

This is not possible according to forum policies.

Hi,

please don´t tell stories.
As long as I can remember here there was not a single change in username.

Klaus

Hi,

please don´t tell stories.
As long as I can remember here there was not a single change in username.

Klaus

I am not telling stories....!!!!! I had a question from the "admin" of the forum, that's all ! If you do not know the answer. no one asked you to contribute in responding with an uncertainty answer ("As long as I can remember...."\

Thanks Adre for pointing out to the forum policies, I have reead something about it and now I can it is not possible with a logic reason

Hi,

Please behave.

Fyi:
Neither keith1200rs nor gulson currently have "admin" status.
None of them was active in the forum in the last 9 months.
(How did you say: "If you don't know...")

Good luck to get response of them.

You could easily find the answer on your own by reading
* forum rules, or
* doing a forum search

Klaus

Okay with regard to the fact that there is not a rule textually established mentioning that impediment, however there is nothing stated on the opposite, that to change the name is something that can be done on demand any time. We're sorrowful for the inconvenience, but that's how things work here.

Hi,

Please behave.

Fyi:
Neither keith1200rs nor gulson currently have "admin" status.
None of them was active in the forum in the last 9 months.
(How did you say: "If you don't know...")

Good luck to get response of them.

You could easily find the answer on your own by reading
* forum rules, or
* doing a forum search

Klaus

Dear KlausST,

Thanks for your explanation and pointing me out to the forum's rule. I did not know the guys are not active anymore in the forum. Changing the username is not a big deal for me at all. We are all here to help each other in the sience and technology progress and I see all of us as members of a big family. :) I acknowledge again for your guide. Wish you the bests.

Regards,,

The only currently sanctioned method of changing your username is to request your current account be deleted and then create a new account with the name you want.
Of course this means you loose all points status and levels.

In regards to the rules, It is likely the forum software supports this, but if it were allowed, then the admin and/or moderators would be spending a large portion of their voluntary time changing usernames. If you haven't noticed there are more than 570,000 registered users. Even if 1% of those users wanted to change their username it would be 5700 username changes.

FYI. The majority of the rules on any forum are a direct result of abuse due to a lack of rules to prevent certain actions. Things like cross-postng, multiple accounts, advertising, w-a-r-e-z, cursing, being a posterior-orifice to other members, etc would be the forum norm. Hence the reason most of those old unmoderated usenet newsgroups have no active contributing members. Only those that are strictly moderated still have activity (last time I checked a couple of years ago).

The only currently sanctioned method of changing your username is to request your current account be deleted and then create a new account with the name you want.
Of course this means you loose all points status and levels.

In regards to the rules, It is likely the forum software supports this, but if it were allowed, then the admin and/or moderators would be spending a large portion of their voluntary time changing usernames. If you haven't noticed there are more than 570,000 registered users. Even if 1% of those users wanted to change their username it would be 5700 username changes.

FYI. The majority of the rules on any forum are a direct result of abuse due to a lack of rules to prevent certain actions. Things like cross-postng, multiple accounts, advertising, w-a-r-e-z, cursing, being a posterior-orifice to other members, etc would be the forum norm. Hence the reason most of those old unmoderated usenet newsgroups have no active contributing members. Only those that are strictly moderated still have activity (last time I checked a couple of years ago).

Dear ads-ee,

Thank you very much for your extended and complete description. I completely do agree with you. You were always helpful to me in this forum, either in high-tech electronic questions and in general ones. No matter to me to continue with this username because I do not like to lose my points.

Thanks again about your patient and care to this forum. Best of wishes.

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back