Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RFID Connection Through Pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

burhan01ads

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to connect rc522 module to usb without arduino. Is there anyway that i can do it? Also if there any other rfid modules that i can connect straight to computer could you tell me? Thank you

Hi,

There are RFID modules with USB and with serial interface (RS232, TTL, RS485..)

Did you do a global search in the internet? Or at distributors, ebay, amazon...?

Klaus

the problem is these modules are quite expensive and i am looking for something cheap and workfull to me
Thank you

Hi,

these are vague "specifications"
And they can not be found in your post #1.

But what does "cheap" mean for you?
What does "workful" mean for you?

We don´t know about your budget
We don´t know case (indoor outdoor), what range, what frequency ... you need.

Klaus

These are the questions even i dont know. I have project to design rfid reader. I checked from sources it is not possible to design a rfid module by hand. But i can controll module with microcontroller and i can read data from computer by that way. Thats what i am looking for.
Thankk you

Hi,

Imagine:
Someone asks you to transport something to his mother. But he can´t tell if its a big parcel, a letter, a data file or a fluid. He even can´t tell where his mother lives.
He asks you about the cost... and you should bring a suitable box.
What can you answer him?

Honestly, you first need to find out what you need. Ask the person who gave you the job for more informations.

Klaus

Thank you for your answers. I just spoke with supervisior. He asked me to do card system such as i will read data frim rfid reader i will process and i will send it a port through to online system. For example kind of dining hall with turnique, reads your id and cheks your credit by an online system.

I can't give you the design but I read and program RFID tags remotely from anywhere in the World that has an internet connection.
Simple method is:
RFID reader module --> serial --> MCU --> ethernet
The MCU being there to buffer the RFID information and prepare it in a suitable format for online. My systems use PIC18F46J11 MCU's and ESP8266 WiFi to connect to the Internet. The PIC does a lot of other things (~5,000 lines of 'C' code) including verifying the RFID signature ID. If you don't need the WiFi, use an inexpensive ethernet module instead or a PIC with one built in.

Brian.

That works 100% for me. Is there any further information or document that you can share with me so i can start doing this project. Than you very much for your answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.