Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

rectangle at the bottom of PMOS layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

ICdesignerbeginner

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello

Can some one help me in understanding the layout. I am following a video for layout design of inverter. The layout of the PMOS has two squaresi.e. one for drain and source and in the middle is the rectangle i.e. the gate but when I am taking the layout of PMOS from library it has and extra rectangle at the bottom with two square what is the purpose of this bottom rectangle? Can some one help me this? Attached is the PMOS layout taken from library.

layout of PMOS.1.png

- - - Updated - - -

In above PMOS the internal colours are also missing I can only see the outlines of the gate drain source but theres no inner colour blue for gate and red for fdrain source. why its not appearing?

Your top square appears to be a gate contact. The bottom rectangle looks like a body tie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back