Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electronic Pressure Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

hemnath

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a pressure pump which provides continuous pressure of 10 bar. I want to control the pressure from 0 to 10 bar. Using the regulator I can adjust it. But i want to do it using electronically.

my idea is, input pressure is fed to proportional valve and input pressure is sensed using the high precision pressure gauge which has a feedback to the controller circuit. When the input pressure reaches the set point which is set by the user, proportional valve closes the incoming pressure. incase if the pressure is slightly higher than setpoint value, there is another proportional valve which is used to vent the excess pressure. To control these proportional valve, should I use PID algorithm or any other algorithms?

proportional valve which i selected: https://www.clippard.com/products/electronic-valve-proportional-evp

Please tell me if I'm doing it correctly.

Hi!

PID is fine. This approach of using a regulator directly downstream of the pump means you want to insert a restriction in the outlet of your "pump". Hope your "pump" will be cool with it.

You only mentioned controlling valves. What about controlling the "pump" as well?

I don't know what system you're making but I'd suggest that having a reservoir downstream of the "pump" would be better idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.