Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Exporting internal variables from a DLL

Status
Not open for further replies.

CESAR_FF

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,

I am looking for help about how to export internal variables from a DLL in order to make them accessible and readable for PSCAD.

How can i achieve this?

Regards!

Do you mean DLL file type? It is designated by .dll at the end of filenames in DOS directory listings. Many programs use them for data storage, user settings, etc.
If you wish to write a routine that reads it properly, you need to know exactly how the file is organized, the order in which variables are stored, how data is formatted, etc.

If you wish to share a dll between two programs, then one of them needs to have a built-in option for importing or exporting data in the other program's native format.

dll contains exported functions and ordinals.
Which compiler are you using ?
Any header file or .lib file you have for the dll file ?

(This is a repeat post as my earlier reply was interrupted dure to unknown reason)

The question isn't completely clear. You can't access internal DLL data objects if they are not explicitly exported, through access functions or e.g. pointers.

How is the problem related to PSCAD? If you want external code to be imported by PSCAD, it probably need to provide the expected interface. As far as I understand, it's a procedure call interface.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back