Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] How to use 4 s1p -file to create a user component for simulation in ADS

Status
Not open for further replies.

sun0727

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,

I got 4 s1p-file (s11dd, s12dd, s21dd, s22dd) from Measurement, and now I want to use these s1p file to create a component, which will be used to simulation the Phase Delay in ADS. How can I achieve this?

Snipaste_2018-09-19_13-54-14.png

Thank you all

Convert {s11dd, s12dd, s21dd, s22dd} to 1-file as s2p file.
You can do this by "write_snp()" in Data Display.
Here use Data file tool.
Then use "S2P (2-Port S-parameter File)".

If you don't like to create another s2p file, use "S2P_Eqn (2-Port S-parameters, Equation-Based)" with "DataAccessComponent (Data Access Component)".

I think your DUT has 4 physical ports.

However, this "S2P (2-Port S-parameter File)" or "S2P_Eqn (2-Port S-parameters, Equation-Based)" is for virtual logical 2-ports.

Attachments

• 180919-221746.png
    180919-221746.png
    55.2 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:
Convert {s11dd, s12dd, s21dd, s22dd} to 1-file as s2p file.
You can do this by "write_snp()" in Data Display.
Here use Data file tool.
Then use "S2P (2-Port S-parameter File)".

If you don't like to create another s2p file, use "S2P_Eqn (2-Port S-parameters, Equation-Based)" with "DataAccessComponent (Data Access Component)".

I think your DUT has 4 physical ports.

However, this "S2P (2-Port S-parameter File)" or "S2P_Eqn (2-Port S-parameters, Equation-Based)" is for virtual logical 2-ports.

Thanks for your nice answer. But I am too stupid to wort it out..:cry: .. Could you be a bit more specific.
I want to create a s2p file, contains (sdd11, sdd12, sdd21, sdd22). I tried to use Data file tool. But I can only load s1p and convert it to dataset into workspace, How can I convert it into one s2p file.

But I am too stupid to wort it out..
What do you want to mean ?

I tried to use Data file tool.
But I can only load s1p and convert it to dataset into workspace

Enter followings in Data Display.

AhoS={ {s11dd, s12dd}, {s21dd, s22dd} }
Boke=write_snp("Kasu.s2p", AhoS, "Are you Kindergarten Pupil ?", "GHz", "MA", 100)

Here I assume Zdd_ref=100 ohm.

Last edited:
Teacher save me.. I just installed ADS before several hours.. So I am very new to ADS
error:

While evaluating "do2":
operand: invalid field access

Snipaste_2018-09-19_17-39-02.png

solved... thank you very much.. do you have any donate url.. want to invite you for a cup of coffee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back