Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Different operating conditions in the MV and design libraries

Status
Not open for further replies.

r1caw ex ua6bqg

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all!
I want to create Multi-Voltage design in DC. As I understand, I need to use some specific cells for power gates, level-shifters, etc.
The problem is that library for these cells has different operating conditions (names of the op cond in the lib/db file) than library for normal cells, so the question is: how I should use set_operating_conditions command for my design? As I understand, this command does not support multiply op_cond statements, only one op_cond must be defined for the one scenario (correct me if I wrong).

Thank you in advance!

Hi all!
I want to create Multi-Voltage design in DC. As I understand, I need to use some specific cells for power gates, level-shifters, etc.
The problem is that library for these cells has different operating conditions (names of the op cond in the lib/db file) than library for normal cells, so the question is: how I should use set_operating_conditions command for my design? As I understand, this command does not support multiply op_cond statements, only one op_cond must be defined for the one scenario (correct me if I wrong).

Thank you in advance!

Your libraries have to match. If you use libraries that don't match, one of them will be assessed at the wrong corner/opcondition and the results cannot be trusted.

Thank you for your answer!
Yes, I understand.
But this is the libraries from one PDK from well-known vendor.
Actually, say, for design library with VDD 1.2V name of the op_cond in the lib file is "op_cond_A". For the MV library with level-shifters from 1.0V to 1.2V there is op-cond name is "op_cond_MV", and the main VDD is 1.0V. How I can use this two libraries together in the same design?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back