Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HDMI Hot Plug Detection

Status
Not open for further replies.

abimann

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all
I generated 8 pin HDMI TMDS signals , monitor can work with it , but when i use HDMI extender it says : problem with source, in specification of HDMI pin #19 Hot plug detection pin, who knows how it works ? Just five 5v or what ?

My HDMI cable did not work when I tried it new. I got it to work after removing and inserting the plugs a few times. The brass contacts are prone to tarnish. So it isn't surprising since it has several contacts, which are difficult to clean, yet are exposed to the air.

My HDMI cable did not work when I tried it new. I got it to work after removing and inserting the plugs a few times. The brass contacts are prone to tarnish. So it isn't surprising since it has several contacts, which are difficult to clean, yet are exposed to the air.

Cable is new , clean and working, hdmi monitor works excellent.. but HDMI extender not works.. I think HPD ... so question is which service need to be work to make HDMI extender work?

Hi,

did you contact the HDMI extender manufacturer?
Did you visit the homepage? Maybe there are some FAQs or other helpful informations...or software/firmware updates.

Klaus

Hi,

did you contact the HDMI extender manufacturer?
Did you visit the homepage? Maybe there are some FAQs or other helpful informations...or software/firmware updates.

Klaus

Yes, i have contacted to Alibaba seller , they ask me to buy another again :))), I think they are reseller only..
HTML:
sales7@mt-viki.com
Hi,
The fiber extender is lossy compression. So the resolution of your development kit couldn't display.
You need the one that is lossless compression. It is DVI KVM extender. The pictures are in the attached file.
Please check it. Any questions you could ask me .
Thank you.
Carol Chou
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MT-VIKI ELECTRONICS LIMITED
Store Add: 160-162 F1, KB Digital Plaza,  No.8  West Road Shi Pai, Tianhe District, Guangzhou, Guangdong, China
Factory Add: No. 19,Cross Street,Beiyong New Village,Daojiao Town,Dongguan City,China
Tel : +86-769-88333036    Fax: 0769-88337108
QQ: 2851282856          Wechat/ Skype/ Phone: +86 13662798279
http://www.mt-viki.net

Hi,

Alibaba is not the manufacturer. --> contact the manufacturer.

Klaus

Manufacturer not answers, they need only sale .. :( .

I enabled TMDS, I2C, HPD , 5+, ground..anywhay dont work. But HDMI extender works with my laptop in any rezolution....:(

Last edited:

HDMI Hot Plug Detection

It's not clear whether your components are hot-pluggable or cold-pluggable or hot-swappable. Furthermore HDMI-2 was introduced in 2017. You need to determine what capabilities your system needs vs what it has.

HDMI connectors may be constructed so that certain tabs make contact before others.

Short quote from Wikipedia article (Hot-swapping):

Computer components are usually cold-pluggable since the computer system must be powered down to add or remove them. Most components in computer systems, such as CPUs and memory, are only cold-pluggable[citation needed]. However it is common for high-end servers and mainframes to feature hot-swappable capability for other components, such as PCIe and SATA drives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back