Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Suggestion for diode equivalence

Status
Not open for further replies.

rakshitarya

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I found 1n480 diode, while i was repairing the circuit containing the LNK304PN Inverter chip.
this low voltage diode is not available in my area.

anyone please suggest the equivalent diode for 1n480. can i use the 1n4007 for replacement

Hi,

It comes up as a gold-bonded germanium diode here. However, **broken link removed** brings up a replacement as the 1N4148 (bottom-right, page 3).

Anyway, if it's a germanium diode and having a datasheet to refer to the characteristics, a little research on the Internet will bring up a suitable part with similar parameters.

Seems like an unlikely part to use in a switcher power supply. Can you show us the board please Rakshitarya or tell us how it is connected in the circuit. For most applications using LNK30x devices, the diodes should be fast switching power types, not ordinary silicon or germanium diodes.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back