Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Decoupling of Passive Components at W Band in MMWave Silicon Layouts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puppet123

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

If I am doing MMWave Layouts say in BiCMOS, at W Bands (75-85 GHz) why would I use Decoupling capacitors (1 pF or 500 fF) placed at the end of every parallel passive component (inductors, capacitors or t-lines) to provide a low-impedance AC ground ?

Would I do this below W Band ?

Thank you.

Your question not clear to me..
Decoupling is used to connect a "live" node to GND.Can you expand your question ?

Hello,

Thank you for your response.

See attachment below from this paper:

S.T. Nicolson, P. Chevalier, B. Sautreuil, and S.P. Voinigescu, “Single-Chip W-Band SiGe HBT Transceivers and Receivers for Doppler Radar and Millimeter-Wave Imaging,“ IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, Vol.43, No.10, pp. 2206-2217, October 2008.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    65.9 KB · Views: 132

Obviously, this does not refer to the signal path. You don't want to ground the signal path.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back