Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

NPK sensor for microcontrollers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahmad Edi Saputra

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello every one

i just wondering is there any NPK module out there that i can integrate with microcontroller? doesn't has to be exactly accurate, at least can tell is the soil contains good enough NPK substance. i read a few article, including using light reflection with photodiode, haven't tried that yet, but soon i will. so is there any other method/ reference i should have read first?

Thanks in advanced

I wouldn't think such a device exists. Normal NPK analysis requires three different chemical tests with disposable reagents after each. I can't think of any electrical way to do it as all of NPK influence conductivity and pH to some degree. I'm no expert in this so perhaps someone has more experience.

Brian.

teralytic is advertising a soil probe monitoring multiple parameters including NPK. The sensor operation principle isn't mentioned in any publication I have seen yet. It may be ion-sensitive electrodes, if they can actually work in in-situ without suspending the soil in water seems questionable to me.

teralytic is advertising a soil probe monitoring multiple parameters including NPK. The sensor operation principle isn't mentioned in any publication I have seen yet. It may be ion-sensitive electrodes, if they can actually work in in-situ without suspending the soil in water seems questionable to me.

I wouldn't think such a device exists. Normal NPK analysis requires three different chemical tests with disposable reagents after each. I can't think of any electrical way to do it as all of NPK influence conductivity and pH to some degree. I'm no expert in this so perhaps someone has more experience.

Brian.

yes, i think there is some journal i've read that use conductivity methode to determine NPK value, i just don't have the related data. i'll do more research, may be i'll post in this thread if i found out

nice info, i also confuse why there is a cheap device like https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2016-new-Gardening-tools-2-in-1-Soil-PH-meter-fertility-tester-with-3-Probes-Ideal/32696850938.html?spm=2114.search0104.3.2.29fa3deaYScB1y&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_1_10065_10068_5017611_10059_10696_100031_10084_10083_10103_451_452_10618_10307_5017711,searchweb201603_56,ppcSwitch_4&algo_expid=cf6728a8-2961-4224-8edc-d10ee475d28a-0&algo_pvid=cf6728a8-2961-4224-8edc-d10ee475d28a&priceBeautifyAB=0

it also doesn't use watering, only use dry electrode, may i'll buy that one and see what it can do. i know it's only measure fertility, but some say it has something to do with NPK, i am no expert also in this one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back