Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Farnell website is very slow ...why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

treez

Hi,
Why is Farnell so slow? (at least in UK..is it slow in other countries?) We need to use Farnell because its one of the only ones that do next day delivery to UK.....but its horrendously slow. Do you know why this is?...is the Farnell site getting hacked?
We buy many electronics components from Farnell.
Digikey website is quicker but we have to pay £15 postage and it takes three days to get here.

RS is not as good as Farnell because the compnent search engines arent as refined.

Try Rapid (www.rapidonline.com) I find almost everything comes next day and they do have an extensive stock. Farnell seem to be dropping stock levels in the UK and concentrating on US and Belgium holdings. I have no affiliation to either company but I do have accounts with both.

Brian.

Reactions: treez

T

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks, our production team use Rapid, because it has the tools etc that they use...but as far as electronics components are concerned, i find its not as well stocked as Farnell.

I sometimes notice bad performance of Farnell and other portals with Microsoft Edge. It's a good idea to try different browsers.

Reactions: treez

T

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks, i will try, but i have used farnell from loads of different browsers, at whichever the company concerned had, but always notice that farnell (at least farnell uk) is terribly slow.
I surfed farnell from the laptops given to us at dyson, and farnell was horrendously slow there at Dyson.
You'd think Dyson would have chosen a browser which worked best with Farnell.
Maybe this is just the UK farnell?

i never get a problem with digikey.

Have you tried asking Farnell themselves about why their website is so slow?

I think they are more likely to be able to tell you than asking on an international forum.

Many times..Farnell are not interested.....last time the guy said he thought there were too many pics of components, i asked him if their were problems with IT at Farnell, and he replied that he wouldnt like to ask that of the IT team at Farnell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back