Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Opamp buffered audio signal splitter- distributor 1 input to 3 outputs

Status
Not open for further replies.

geotFM

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello. i want to connect an audio signal to two or three different amplifiers.I have to make an audio splitter based on NE5532 or OPA2134.I came up with the following design.Any suggestions or improvements?Thank you!!!

Attachments

• OPAMP Splitter.jpg
    OPAMP Splitter.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 167

Hi,

Your circuit should work.

usually audio inputs are high impedance. Thus they don´t stress an OPAMP. Therefore one single OPAMP can simply drive three amplifiers.
No need for double buffering.

Three individual OPAMPs for three amplifiers are useful only if you expect some noisy/distroted feedback from the amplifiers... and you want to avoid the influence to the other amplifiers.
The risk is very low in my eyes, one NE5532 should be able to suppress any unwanted (usual) feedback.

If you want to stay with the 4 OPAMP design:
Then I recommend to configure all 4 as "inverted" Opamp circuits. This is more "audiophile" because it generates less distortion and give a better step response / less ringing.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.