Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

.lib internal_power question

Status
Not open for further replies.

hznichol

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello All,

I have been trying to learn more about the .lib syntax, and I am having trouble understanding pins with multiple internal_power groups.
For example, OpenTimer has an example lib file which contains this cell (portions removed):
Code:
cell (AND2X1) {
  pin(A)  {
    direction : input;
  }
  pin(B)  {
    direction : input;
  }
  pin(Y)  {
    direction : output;
    internal_power() {
      related_pin : "A";
      rise_power(energy_template_5x5) {
      }
      fall_power(energy_template_5x5) {
      }
    }
    internal_power() {
      related_pin : "B";
      rise_power(energy_template_5x5) {
      }
      fall_power(energy_template_5x5) {
      }
    }
  }
}

Liberty files specify that the related pin's transition time is used as an index into the table, but I do not understand how having two different internal_power groups works here.
How is the power defined if both pins are transitioning? Is one table ignored? Something else?
I was not able to locate how this was defined in the documentation so any advice or links are appreciated.

Best,
HN

If output Y switched due to changing input pin A - the power numbers are from the first table (related_pin=A).
If output Y switched due to changing input pin B - the power numbers are from the second table (related_pin=B).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back