Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Help] Feed network layouts for 8x8 dual polarized planar microstrip stacked antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

kela3kela

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
[Help] Feed network layout for 8x8 dual polarized planar microstrip stacked antenna

Dear Members
Good day to you all.

I have designed a multilayer stacked antenna comprising of dual polarized ports. Next step in my design is to make an array of 8x8 elements. For this array I am thinking of using Wilkinson power divider as a feed network, but unfortunately the feed network layout is not easy to come by.
Can anyone suggest any good paper to start working on or some other feed network options for the 8x8 dual polarized design.

Looking forward to your replies,

Best Regards

Re: [Help] Feed network layout for 8x8 dual polarized planar microstrip stacked anten

I think generally a WPD for antenna feeding networks is overkill. You are essentially guaranteed the antenna port impedances are constant (unless you for some reason have unreasonably sized patches for a very low operating frequency); so isolation isn't really needed.

Standard T-junctions work well in practice. There are many such layouts in the literature.

Good Luck!

Re: [Help] Feed network layout for 8x8 dual polarized planar microstrip stacked anten

@PlanarMetamaterials
Thank you for ur suggestion, Can you recommend some papers that present the 8x8 layout either with WPD or T-junctions.
My center freq is at 28 GHz and I am using micro strip aperture coupled technique.

Googling "T-junction aperture patch array" yields some good results.

Check out "Wideband Aperture Coupled Patch Array Antennas — High Gain, Low Side Lobe Design", Dhruva Poduval and Mohammod Ali, Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 160, 71–87, 2017

Covers a 4x4 array of aperture-coupled patches.

I will look for the designs. If I am unable to find, Iwill ask for ur assistance.

I read there paper availble on PIERS, good work by team.
But Im mostly interested in dual polarized aperture coupled patch array feed comprising of 8x8 elements or even 4x4 to get an idea...

Any good papers in mind.?

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back