Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] RF/Microwave Power Detector Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

ktr

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,

I want to design a Power Detector to compensate for any temperature changes in my Tx design; I looked at analog.com and LT as previously advised; but their Detectors (eg LTC5536) requires a reference voltage which I don't fully grasp. I can design a good regulator for the reference voltage for detector's input; but even so, it seems I would also need a seperate voltage detector for the Power detector's output.

What I want is to couple my Output signal with a 17-20db coupler(I have it already); then feed into my detector circuit; so if with temperature changes I should know to whether to increase or decrease my signal strengths depending on application. I am planning to control the signal strength with a variable attenuator with SPI. So a more basic solution then using Power Detector + Voltage Detector would be preferable for me; if it exists. My band is narrow; as its in Tx + coupler, not Rx.

This is for Tx side not Rx side; so high dynamic range is not as big of an issue as it would be on Rx.

Any advice on how to tackle this problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back