Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to eliminate 50 Hz Power Supply noise ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anotherbrick

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello dear forum,

I am trying to amplify the difference of a 100 KHz signal signal from 2 identical coils

( I am trying to build a metal dedector - when metal enters the 1st coils inner , one of the signal wil be stronger and the difference will be amplified by the OPAMP circuit - thats the idea - OPAMP is AD8065 high speed amplifier

the diferential amplifier is the standart difference amplifier circuit from every common application manual - gain is 5x )

metal dedektor 2.JPG
metal dedektor 4.JPG
as you can see in the osciloscope picture the white signal is the output of differential OPAMP amplifier )

the yellow signal is the AC component of the 12 VDC linear power supply powering the OPAMP

as you can notice there is a 50 Hz noise coming from power supply amplified by the OPAMP

it is about 20 mV - I dont want this noise

my question is how can I eliminate this noise from my OPAMP output

thank you

Hi,

Is it possible to use a highpass filter at the output?

after the diff. amplifier I must take the the envelope of this 100 KHz signal and amplify it again

is this posible with high pass filtering the diff. amplifier output ?

You require to know whether the noise is being picked by radiation, conducted by common mode noise, or it is plain old ripple.

Substitute the power supply with a battery bank. If the noise is gone, then the noise comes from the power supply, and you can determine what are the next steps.

Status
Not open for further replies.