Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Single supply VCO CIRCUIT

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulmdrdo

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have this VCO circuit taken from the net. I build the circuit in LTspice and It works perfectly fine but I want to change the frequency of the signal output. Basically what I wanted to do is to have a signal that is going above and below a center frequency by 4khz with a sensitivity of 1khz/v.
For example, Fc = 132khz, Fmin = 128khz, Fmax = 136khz. I just want to know what components should I change in my circuit. A formula would be helpful If anyone here is familiar with the circuit. Thank You! Single-Supply Op Amp - Comparator Voltage-Controlled Oscillator-schematic.pngSingle-Supply Op Amp - Comparator Voltage-Controlled Oscillator-schematic.png

Hi,

I'm not familiar with this circuit.

A quick view lets me assume that C_int is responsible for the (center) frequency.

Add a series resistor (in the Megaohms range) to the control_voltage_input to adjust for the V-f rate.
In case this increased resistor moves your center frequency then try to add a capacitor (maybe 100nF) from left side of R3 to GND.

Klaus

Hi,

I'm not familiar with this circuit.

A quick view lets me assume that C_int is responsible for the (center) frequency.

Add a series resistor (in the Megaohms range) to the control_voltage_input to adjust for the V-f rate.
In case this increased resistor moves your center frequency then try to add a capacitor (maybe 100nF) from left side of R3 to GND.

Klaus

I shifts the frequency but only slightly. here's an online simulator https://www.multisim.com/content/kK...omparator-voltage-controlled-oscillator/open/

Status
Not open for further replies.