Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Post-layout simulation of sigma-delta modulators "error"

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcca

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am designing a low-voltage SD modulator and I am having some troubles in post-layout simulation. I have performed the layout extraction with assura (RC - decoupled capacitances) and during the simulation (spectre with APS++ in conservative mode), the output DC level of the third active-RC integrator (there are only 3 integrators in the loop filter) did not set correctly, as can be seen in the attached figure. However, to my surprise, I tried the RC extraction setting the "coupled" capacitance option and the circuit works fine (the simulation time has increased as expected).

I already checked the CMFB loop stability and cannot see any problem. All schematic simulations, including PVT corners worked. Post-layout simulations before the top-level routing also worked well with RC extraction in decoupled capacitances mode.

Has anyone ever experienced a similar issue like this?

Regards.

Attachments

• result_SDM.png
    result_SDM.png
    27.1 KB · Views: 162

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back