Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to calculate the inversion coefficient for an analog circuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sasan.nike

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How to calculate inversion coefficient for a analog circuit?

Hi,

I designed an analog squarer circuit, in 0.18µm TSMC CMOS technology at 1.8V supply voltage, in saturation region. Generally, all of the transistors work in saturation but now I need to determine the operation region and inversion coefficient of the circuit. Could you please help me that how I can determine the inversion coefficient for such a circuit?

Re: How to calculate inversion coefficient for a analog circuit?

You can take IC=1.
Reed this article Willy Sansen Minimum Power in Analog Amplifying Blocks: Presenting a Design Procedure IEEE Solid-State Circuits Magazine ( Volume: 7, Issue: 4, Fall 2015 ).

Re: How to calculate inversion coefficient for a analog circuit?

Thank you very much for your attention,
If I take IC=1, it's mean that my circuit work in moderate inversion (0.1<IC<10), while the circuit works in strong inversion (IC>10). Therefore, IC must be higher than 10. As I checked this coefficient by IC=Id/(Io(W/L)), approximately, IC varies from 20-40. Generally, I want to know, is there any a specific IC for a circuit or not? 72_1335551438.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back