Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Balun using two Lange Couplers

Status
Not open for further replies.
What behavior will be if "EN1" is open or short ?

Load at "EN1" is for adujusting balance ?
Especially magnitude ?
In fact Lange Coupler is a kind of Directional Coupler ( it's also called Multiconductor Coupler) so you can consider it being as a "Folded Directional Coupler" ( not exactly but roughly )
As you know well, Directional Couplers are 4-Ports Devices and one port should be terminated for Magnitude and Phase Balance.Phase Balance is more sensitive in Lange Couplers because The Ouputs are Quadrature.There may be also some Phase Balancing elements such as Adjustable Transmission Line terminated by X Ohm rather than 50 Ohm.

One port is not terminated clearly for each Lange coupler in this balun.
They are node 1 and node 5.

I think this balun’s operation is actually same as Marchand balun.
If so, “EN1” should be open.

Last edited:

EN1 means-I think- Equalization Network.Because this is not a standard back-to-back connected Balun configuration,Regarding to my simulation, it has a Bandpass characteristic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back