Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Proteus: timestep too small on a basic circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

bestrider14

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi.

I would like to know what im doing wrong on this circuit cause I got an error: ([SPICE] TRAN: Timestep too small; timestep = 0.0133112: trouble with node #D1_S2#branch) and this is the most basic circuit I can make. I made some circuit whit many Ic and still simulate fine but this I cant :(

Sans titre.png

Thank you

I'd first look at the "switch" element and its properties. If it
has properties for on and off resistance, for control VH/VL
then make sure these are finite / sane. SPICEs have a hard
time with zero and infinite resistances, and divide-by-zero
transfer functions (i.e. flips from on to off with a zero voltage
step, like VH=VL=1.0).

I check the propertie and off resistance is 100M/ on resistance is 0.01. But I dont think the bug come from the switch cause I got the same result if I replace the switch by a transistor. The problem came when it switch sate (on/off)

- - - Updated - - -

UPDATE: I try this circuit on an other computer and work fine. So what can cause this. 2 week before everything was ok and my old project still work fine but now I cant event light a led. This is not an pc spec issue cause I have an i7-7700k, 16g of ram and GTX1060.

Last edited:

Find a circuit that works, delete all of the circuit so that you have a blank page, copy and paste the circuit you are having problems with into the blank page or redraw the circuit and see if it runs.

I format my pc and every thing go back to normal. Thank you anyway for you help

Status
Not open for further replies.