Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Password kind of blocked...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Externet

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi.
Logging in to this forum, the top boxes accept username but the password does not.
Hitting enter, brings a second large prompt to log-in. Its password box does work and login is normal from there. What has changed?; was not like that ever before.

Hi,

Not sure what is meant from the description. Does the password field not let you write anything at all?

Worst case: A keystroke logger can mess up password fields, paranoid/suspicious experience leads me to believe, albeit with no facts to back the improbable (?) theory up...

On a more rational level: Have you changed any software on your computer or are you using a different browser? I find sometimes what I write is not introduced faithfully to username and/or password fields, it seems to be something glitchy about either a piece of keystroke scrambling software I use or a browser or I think it's the combination of the two that don't always "speak the same language". One browser is hopeless for this kind of thing, it writes whatever letters it feels like sometimes in both fields but refreshing the page sorts the issue out. I wonder if it's writing before a page is fully loaded sometimes as well so I think I've written it correctly but there are letters, sorry - alphanumeric characters - missing.

And sometimes I make fat finger mistakes...

(Let's hope edaboard never gets the captcha disease - allegedly proven to be useless against machines and hard for humans to do correctly... grrrrrr!)

Thanks. You understand it correctly. After entering username, and clicking the password field to enter text, it blinks and does not accept typing. Hitting Enter, opens a second large login as the previous failed. That one works.

Using the same browser with the typical periodical updates and nothing weird beyond. There is no saved username nor password from the browser that always asks if it is desired to save them.
Linux-Ubuntu 18.04 + Firefox61.

System programmers continually make changes and improvements in the Edaboard interface. I believe some of it's done to enhance cyber security, since converting from HTTP to HTTPS earlier this year.

For years until recently I visited this forum with my PowerMac G5 running OS 10.5.8 and Safari 5.06. (All slowly and steadily outdated.)
Earlier this summer it stopped accepting mouse clicks or keypresses in Edaboard webpages. I cannot log in with my PowerMac. It cannot navigate from an Edaboard page to another. (It still works okay with most websites though not all.)

Since then I now use my Win7 laptop to visit Edaboard. It saves my username and password.

Did you try pasting your password from your clipboard?

Hi,

Puzzling. When I open edaboard, if I'm quick, I can type in my username and maybe at most a character or two of the password then the pop-up advert appears so I can't write anything else until I click on "close". Speculation is something is blocking that ad opening correctly and messing up the password field, like the advert tries to open but can't. I'm guessing you'll say that you close the advert before typing anything. :)

I'd try typing in username, then refreshing page (and waiting for the advert to pop-up), in the doubtful case it helps. Alongside Brad's remarks, not being an expert on this subject, I'd maybe be patient and wait for next FF or/and Linux update to see if the problem resolves itself, unless it's related to edaboard tweaking and then let's hope they'll have seen this thread and will be re-tweaking something. I don't suppose you would know if it started to happen directly after an update or after an update and a reboot.

Using Kubuntu (18.04) here with Firefox (61.01) with no problems. It logs me in automatically at each visit.
Are you using Firefox in a "private window" perhaps, it prevents the cookie from Edaboard being accepted that identifies you as a returning visitor.

Brian.

Thanks, betwixt.
I do not save login data nor automatic login, by choice. No advertisement blocker installed. No private browsing. :cry:
Perhaps I should start doing things the aggressive (adblock) and lazy (autologin) way.

See that d123 also finds the hurdle logging in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back