Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Regarding Embedded Linux Quad-Core Board Custom Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

sakibnaz

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello All.

For my project I need to use small size Embedded Linux Quad-Core Board . My Project needs below:

- Quad Core CPU (Run Linux Ubuntu)
- RAM 1GB or higher
- eMMC 64GB to 256GB and additional MicroSD storage
- Capacitive Touchscreen 3.5 Inch
- Sensor connection (via GPIO, UART, I2C, SPI)
- 1xUSB2.0 and 1xUSB3.0
- WiFi and Bluetooth 5.0

Only above things I No other features I need like HDMI, Ethernet, Camera or other ...

Due to USB3.0 and Bluetooth 5 ... I can not use regular SoM/SBC available in market like RPi, NanoPi, Orange Pi etc. I found Orange Pi Lite 2 is a good choice but its Bluetooth 4.0 also the USB connector is A-Type which is very thick as my Board needs to be low profile. In addition, I need to consider Certification (FCC/CE) as my project have target to be a commercial product future.

Now I am thinking use design a small PCB for the CPU Module using USB 3.0 supported Chip like Allwinner H6 or Rockchip RK3288 or any other. And for Wireless, I'll interface 3rd Party (Pre-Certified FCC/CE) WiFi and Bluetooth 5.0 Module.

Can any one advice the below:

-1. Supporting USB 3.0 which CPU Chip will be good and low cost choice?

-2. I did not designed any CPU Board before. I have experience on design very compact Board with ARM Cortex MCU (with up-to 6-Layer). So will it be very challenging to design a CPU Module? Can anyone suggest me any reference design as a starting point?

-3. After design and manufacturing how difficult about FCC and CE certification? As I mentioned before for Wireless WiFi and Bluetooth I'll use Pre-Certified Module.

Thanks in advance.

Looking forward your advise.

Regards.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back