Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Solar charger circuit for Ni-Cd/powerbank

Status
Not open for further replies.

adwnis123

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
A guy who built the this circuit:

https://www.electroschematics.com/4746/solar-charger-circuit/

, says that the solar charger can be used for Ni-Cd, so I searched in ebay and I found this:

**broken link removed**

Can I use it instead of the Sealed Lead Acid, or will I face the problem that it needs 7,2 Volt to get charged and not to fall below 50% capacity?

Can I use a powerbank like this instead of the Sealed Lead Acid?

**broken link removed**

Generally, powerbanks are charged by 5Volt wall chargers, but I do not know if the current they draw can be handled by the solar charger...any ideas/suggestions?

Thank you

Hi,

in the EU NiCd batteries are not allowed anymore (there are only a few exceptions).

So, does it make sense to build a charging unit for that?

Klaus

Hi,

in the EU NiCd batteries are not allowed anymore (there are only a few exceptions).

So, does it make sense to build a charging unit for that?

Klaus

Why is that?

Can I use a powerbank instead?

The powerbank with a Lithium battery has an input from 5V to 12V, at 2A. It has the charger circuit inside it. It comes with a Chinese user manual so you must translate it yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.