Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Which simulator supports unconstrained record elements?

Status
Not open for further replies.

theUltimateSource

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,

my simulator does not support unconstrained record elements (VHDL-2008). I'm looking for another one. Any suggestions?

I know of some workarounds but I don't like them. Why is there no 2008 support in 2018? :thumbsdown:

thx

Last edited:

What simulators are you using? The big 3 (modelsim, active HDL and cadence) all have strong vhdl 2008 support. Active HDL has even started supporting vhdl2018

What simulators are you using? The big 3 (modelsim, active HDL and cadence) all have strong vhdl 2008 support. Active HDL has even started supporting vhdl2018

thank you for the info.

I am using Vivado Simulator. Do you know how the simulator from Cadence is named, is it Allegro? I could only find their CAD tool. I need it for FPGA development btw.

Vivado is a very basic simulator with poor vhdl 2008 support.

The cadence simulator is called incisive, with the older versions called ncsim

Status
Not open for further replies.