Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question - determining Flicker noise co-efficient for a process

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmos_ajay

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am working on a 0.18um CMOS process. How can I determine the Flicker noise co-efficient for NMOS and PMOS transistors in this process ?
Is there a SPICE test circuit to obtain it ?

Do you think of KF, the Flicker noise coefficient of the simplest fnoiMod=0 model? I've found these coefficients in (nearly) 20-years-old TSMC 0.18um process model files, a bit different ones in MixedMode and RF models.

A test bench should use a single MOSFET - hopefully with the right process MOS model including noise parameters - adjusted for the required Vgs and Id operation point (OP), with the same input & output termination used in your real application, but with zero input signal.

Then run a SPICE ac noise simulation, which will report the noise contribution of this individual MOSFET. From its noise frequency dependency and the KF relationship with process and circuit OP parameters you can extract the Flicker noise coefficient KF. Compare it with KF of the model file for confirmation.

Can you show a test circuit and relevant SPICE commands , plots for the above ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back