Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transition Probability

Status
Not open for further replies.

kshirod_vlsi

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am doing a project on improving transition probability of digital circuits.
how to increase transition probability in a combinational digital circuit or any digital gate.
could any one suggest any techniques or methods .

I am doing a project on improving transition probability of digital circuits.
how to increase transition probability in a combinational digital circuit or any digital gate.
could any one suggest any techniques or methods .

sorry, what? the goal is to decrease transitions to save power.

sorry, what? the goal is to decrease transitions to save power.

No sir,I have to increase the transition probability .Actually my project is on detection of hardware trojans present in the circuit.once the transition probability increase detection probability of Hardware Trojan can be increased.

No sir,I have to increase the transition probability .Actually my project is on detection of hardware trojans present in the circuit.once the transition probability increase detection probability of Hardware Trojan can be increased.

Trojans can be made sequential with activation conditions that may spam thousands of cycles. Increasing the transition probability makes no sense, it's an incredibly weak approach.

This sounds like it might be similar to fuzzy logic. It's a concept in computer programming which was introduced to model real-life decision making in natural situations.

It's common to see schematics called unanimous vote detectors made from logic gates. However there are also majority logic circuits, because not every situation is all-or-nothing.

Hysteresis is another principle used in switching action. It's based on two different input levels. A signal needs to rise above a certain level, in order to cause the output to change state. Then it needs to drop below a certain level, to cause another change of state.
The schmitt trigger is a logic gate which has this action built in.
Circuits can be adjusted to have a wide or narrow range of hysteresis.

brad, the OP is just trying to make logic switch more often. nothing to do with physical phenomenon.

OP, I am surprised TCAD would publish this idea. It's really silly. Whatever improvement the technique provides, it still doesn't make trojans remotely detectable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back