Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Driver implementation for a modular SG DMA IP of Altera FPGA ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hcu

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

This question correctly relates to this thread, I believe

I am writing a driver c code for altera fpga modular scatter gather DMA. where i have to decide the number of descriptors (that contains read address, write address, length of transfer and control field) and then i have to pass these descriptors to a list(may be linked list) using HAL API's given in the driver code (c file that is available in sdk bsp).

some how i have to use these below API's(these api function calls given in attached file) to perform successful data transfer from one place to other .

alt_msgdma_construct_prefetcher_std_descriptor();
alt_msgdma_construct_preftecher_std_mm_to_mm_descriptor();
alt_msgdma_prefetcher_add_std_desc_to_list();
alt_msgdma_prefetcher_set_std_list_own_by_hw_bits();
alt_msgdma_start_prefetcher_with_list_addr();
alt_msgdma_start_prefetcher_with_std_desc_list();

I think it needless to describe about hardware configuration(qsys soc integration) and all here. i am attaching both given driver file and the application file(upto what i written). please someone go through and show me the way. intel fpga forum(former altera forum) is horrible now , many of you know that.

In the given application file, i have taken 3 descriptors and want to pass these 3 to a single list and then use other following api's to do a data transfer. but i am failing

Regards,
Anil

Attachments

• altera_msgdma.c.txt
    59.4 KB · Views: 140
  • altera_msgdma.h.txt
    21.5 KB · Views: 59
  • app.c.txt
    9.1 KB · Views: 92

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search